Saturday, December 16, 2006

"Platoon 7, Gangstuh~"!!!

*Gong* All Ye Hail Emperor Superstar! The Emperor Thpeaketh!

I'm back for the weekend and SCDF is an eye-opener, although it really isn't since I kinda knew what I was getting myself into. Gosh, PTP is a killer, yeah? Whoah, Terok! My arms are aching so much from all those push-ups and the PTIs are bloody ruthless. I swear some people there (I won't mention races =P) find it difficult to follow instructions and then everyone gets it.

I am in allegiance with the notorious platoon no.7 of the happening Charlie Company. The worst bunch of the whole 102nd in-take. We're loud and mischievous, but we make up for it in earnest, team spirit.

I've learnt a lot from just one week. I've never drunk so much water or eaten so frequently in my entire life. Yet, I'm not putting on that much weight. Three heavy meals, one snack and at least two water parades every day. My stomach is expanding against my liking, but it's for the better. Gotta prep-up for the IPPT and pass it with flying colours and secure myself an opportunity to engage with the ERS vocation. Something to drive me and look forward to, so my stay there would be far from futile.

So it's 4 weeks of PTP (Physical Training Phase), 6 weeks of BRT (Basic Rescue Training) and 24 weeks of ERS vocation training (if possible). In that case, I'll be spending a total of 8.5 months at Jalan Bahar before I get posted somewhere near home to finally command a battalion of fire fighters and serve the nation. I pray I succeed, or else I'd be quite upset with myself.

Anyway, just FYI, I'll be out of camp and back home on Friday evenings and back in camp on Sunday evenings (provided I don't have to stay behind for guard duty).

I hope I can catch up with the good people this weekend before I go in for an even tougher week of PTP. My instructors have warned about the 2nd week being hell week. Damn it. Prepare my funeral service, thanks. HAHA! Just kidding. Brave the storm and emerge bed-ridden! Another joke. OK I stop here for now.

Till the next, my good people!

The Emperor Hath Thpoken! *Gong*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home