Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Beautiful

*Gong* All Ye Hail Emperor Superstar! The Emperor Thpeaketh!

I was looking for a favourite 'testimonial' that was submitted for me, by a friend, on 'Friendster'.

In case some of you 'imaginary' readers might not know, 'Friendster' was created as a means of connecting with people, whom you are acquainted with, freely via the internet (provided that they, as well, do subscribe to it). Friends can write and submit you 'testimonials' as proof of your genuineness and also, done simply as a favour, to beautify your 'profile' on your respectful page so you'd appear alluring and attract as many new 'friends' as you possibly can.

To my astonishment, I had noticed that I am currently unable to access my recently-deemed favourite 'testimonial' along with a few others as well. It seems almost as if these have been quietly lifted off my 'profile' or have simply disappeared miraculously.

In any case, this had led me to browse through the 'testimonials' that I had previously received over the past three years or so. I started from the top down, breezing through any significant piece of writing between August of 2003 and now. That is October of 2006.

I have never smiled to myself so much in the past six months. I even laughed a little at the humour of some. The feeling was heart-warming. Those moments will always be precious to me, and I would not have traded them for the world. For good or bad, they brought lessons to be learnt. Moments to be cherished. And hearts to be embraced. How many of us have the courage or the strength to admit that, even to ourselves?

Many had caught my attention, but not all as well as this one:

Posted 3/4/2004

Beautiful,you're beautiful,as beautiful
as the sun.Wonderful,you're wonderful,as
wonderful as they come.And i can't help
but feel attached to the feelings i
can't even match.With my face pressed up
to the glass,wanting you.Beautiful,
you're beautiful,as beautiful as the
sky.Wonderful,it's wonderful to know
that you're just like I.And i'm sure you
know me well,as i'm sure you don't but
you just can't tell,who you'll you love
and who you won't.And i love you,as you
love me.So let the clouds roll by your
face,we'll let the world spin on to
another place.We'll climb the tallest
tree above it all to look down on you
and me and them.And i'm sure you know me
well,as i'm sure you don't but you just
can't tell,who you'll love and who you
won't.

I did not edit this one, so as to keep it's authenticity intact.

Am I really beautiful? I believe I am, but do you really? It hurts me so, to know that I am no longer anywhere near beautiful in your eyes. Could it be? That you had been so blind to not realize that I was, in fact, 'hideous' from the very beginning? So much that you would take back all you have said in your past? Do you feel that a part of you had died because you discovered that I was, indeed, 'ugly'?

I have not changed my perception of you, despite of all this. And I never will. You will remain beautiful in my eyes, as you are in God's. Do not doubt my sincerity. Do not doubt my passion. Will I wait a lonely lifetime? If you want me to, I will.

The Emperor Hath Thpoken! *Gong*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home