Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I've Been Had!

*Gong* All Ye Hail Emperor Superstar! The Emperor Thpeaketh!

We had a blast on Thursday at the chalet. It was intimate. Just the few of us. No hassle. A lot of fun. Amanda taught us to play this new card game called Citadel. I was poking fun at it initially but after we started to get the hang of it, we were very addicted.

I had dinner with Darren, Godma and Mama at the Cha Cha Cha, a second-rate Mexican food restaurant after Margarita's, the next day. We were just in time to go watch Keith perform with his Montfort Chorale at CHIJMES. It was pretty alright. Dropped by Jasmine's work-place after that, but she wasn't working that day. We had coffee. We adjourned back to Godma's to chill and watch a movie. Glory Day is a good movie to catch. My brothers went home after, while I headed back to the chalet from the night before. I had my fun again only until I found out some displeasing news from a good friend, Mitch. He felt that I was being kept in the dark about certain things and he told me all about it through the morning. I felt sadness, anger and a sense of enlightenment. The answers to my questions were more or less given to me that night.

The next day, Saturday, My family celebrated my birthday in advance at dinner. We ate at the Sumo House at Bedok Central. Decent Japanese food at very affordable prices. I couldn't really enjoy myself because of what I found out the night before but I tried as much as I could to. Back at my Godma's place, I proceeded to tell her about what I found out. Auntie Regina voiced there and then that she had seen it coming from the beginning. I don't know how I'd never seen it coming, my way at least. Stayed at Godma's with Darren till 6am and then took a cab home.

After dinner on Sunday, I went out to meet Mark and Brad. We chilled around Hougang till about 4am. We were just talking and I was filling them in on stuff. I'm glad I met them.

Monday came and went. My 22nd Birthday. For the first time in my life, I felt like shit on my birthday. My mom made me breakfast. She could tell I wasn't feeling happy. She asked me why. I couldn't hide it so I told her what had happened. She listened and advised me. After that, I went to get ready for school. While I was about to brush my teeth, I started crying. My face was numbing up and I couldn't stop myself. I got to school and everyone was wishing me warmly. Well, almost everyone. I had lunch with Marcus, Jeremy, Guoliang, Huimin and Huiying. I was doing alright. I had my laughs with Marcus and Jeremy. Later on, Marcus, Sara and I headed to go meet Mark, Brad, Aloy and Sufyan for dinner to celebrate my birthday. A shame Mitch couldn't join us for dinner. On the way there, I was thinking about the bad things that made me upset and it was unbearable. I tried to hide it but I couldn't. As a result of that, some complained that I was being grumpy as usual. That's fine. By the time we sat down for dinner, I can say that I was pretty much alright. Sara and Sufyan left after dinner and the rest of us headed to Jean's place for drinks. Mitch was there and We all found out more about what's been happening in the shadows. Other than that, I had my fun and I was glad I had my family there with me.

Thank You, Saleeloo, for planning the dinner. It meant a lot =)

The Emperor Hath Thpoken! *Gong*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home