Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Don't Worry. Be Happy.

*Gong* All Ye Hail Emperor Superstar! The Emperor Thpeaketh!

Today, I met Sha'ari and Kokliang opposite school. Kokliang left halfway. Sha'ari and I had some good catching up done. We laughed and talked about funny things. Nobody cracks me up like Sha'ari does, apart from myself. After he got on the bus home, I walked over to school to meet the rest of my school mates. I jammed with them for a little bit. I watched them practice for a little bit. I sat outside for a little bit listening along with Letitia and Josiah to Audrey rant about complications. I said hello to Tim and said goodbye to Lindsay. I saw some people in school that I haven't seen in some time due to the long school break. I sat with Norman for a little bit. I tried to make him feel better. I told him to take care. I said goodbye to everyone else.

I met Justin and Ivan for dinner at Parkway Parade. It's been a long time. It couldn't have been better. The same with Sha'ari, we had some good catching up done and laughed and talked about funny things. I worked my stomach muscles today. After dinner, we played pool. I kept winning only because they haven't played in a long time and I've been practicing for the past two years. Haha. I love those guys. They're my placebo. After pool, we headed down to the original Athirah's Prata Place to have traditional teh-peng and mediocre prata. When it had gotten late, we decided to head home for the night. Ivan walked home and so did Justin and I. Yes, that's right. We walked all the way home. We talked about Catholicism. The walk did me a lot of good.

Recently, I've gone all out to set things straight with people around me that I care about. Very often, I come across as someone who is insensitive to others' feelings. In the way that I behave and speak in front of others, especially those whom I care more for than mere acquaintances. I have my pride and many a time, I don't realize this. It hurts when the people I care about tell me that I'm nothing but a grouch; that I show ingratitude and I'm plain selfish. I don't blame them and I've decided to change that. When I embarked on this new mission to change, most people were receptive but taken by surprise. Some were not so receptive. Again, I don't blame. It's not easy to swallow. If I were to be presented with the same kind of scenario in the past, I'd probably be as non-receptive but we all make our mistakes. Whether they are big or small, we're still the same. I've made my mistakes. I wish to make it better. What's in the past is in the past. I cannot do away with the hurt. I can only look forward and ensure that I don't make the same mistakes. Some may say, "Only now, does he realize." I am no saint, nor do I expect people to understand fully. Whether I realize now or any other time, it doesn't really matter. What matters is that I'm aware. The sad truth is that most people aren't aware about a lot of things. I've always known that but the best part is that now I know that it starts with me.

"If you hate, then the only person you hurt is yourself. Most people don't know you hate; and those who do, don't care." - Medgar Evers

The Emperor Hath Thpoken! *Gong*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home